The Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF) in the Western Cape today will submit all of its nominations to the various regional offices of the Independent Electoral Commission (IEC) pertaining its candidates who will represent this revolutionary political movement and contest in the upcoming 2016 Local Government Elections (LGE).
With its first contestation in a LGE, the EFF strives to govern true Peoples’ Municipalities, which will be progressive, more democratic, responsive, accountable and corrupt-free.
All nominations will be submitted and announced, and all the wards within this Western Cape province will be contested by the EFF, says Bernard Joseph, EFF Chairperson in the Western Cape.
The candidacy nomination forms will be submitted to the IEC as follow:
- In Langeberg subregion the submissions will be handed over to IEC at 09:30 by EFF-Regional leaders, Thembile Moses Klaas, and Letticia Swanepoel.
- In Witzenberg subregion the submissions will be handed over at 11:30 by Provincial Elections Task Force deployee, DJ Zwai.
- At Breedevalley the submissions will be done at 11:30 by Bernard Joseph, EFF Chairperson in the Western Cape and Provincial Elections Task Force deployee Vanessa Mngcele.
- In Drakenstein the submissions will be done at 14:00 by Bernard Joseph and Thembile Moses Klaas.
- The Stellenbosch submissions will be done at 15:30 by Bernard Joseph, Thembile Moses Klaas and Reggie Snyders, EFF-convenor in the Cape Winelands Region.
- The submissions in the Cape Town Metropole will commence from 15:00 to 15:30 and will be submitted by Teboho Mokwele of the EFF Central Command Team, Cosmos Mabona, Regional Chairperson, and Andrew Arnolds, EFF-elections convener.
- The submissions for the Overberg-, West Coast- and Central Karoo Regions will commence throughout the day.